Obedience puppy classes
Good Citizen Award Scheme
Puppy courses commence at regular intervals, usually every six weeks and they run for six weeks in total. The course costs just £30.00.
The course is structured and includes both learning and socialisation opportunities. The course includes:
- Learning how to teach your dog simple cues (sit, stay, etc)
- Gaining and keeping your puppy’s focus and attention.
- Teaching impulse control – helping your puppy to think before acting.
- Constructive learning through play.
- Socialising puppies and overcoming fear
- General tips on health, welfare and making your puppy a happy member of your family
Click this link for the Good Citizens Puppy Award information.
You and your puppy will then be awarded a rosette and certificate. You will then have to option to proceed to the Kennel Club Bronze class.
Puppy agility classes
Due to trainer availability, we are not looking to run a foundation agility course at present.
Agility training can not be started until your dog is 12 months old. However we now offer a foundation agility course for dogs aged 6 months+. This course will teach you and your dog the basics needed for future agility training and will introduce your dogs to the equipment.
The Foundation Agility Course is designed for young dogs from 5 or 6 months to 12 or 15 months. All of the training takes place on the ground – there is NO height involved with the jumps thus avoiding undue pressure on young dog’s joints. The following foundation skills will provide a good grounding for adult Agility classes or will just benefit you and your dog for basic training and obedience.
Amongst other things, you and your dog will learn:
- Release and reliable recall commands
- Self control
- Directional commands
- Play with and without toys and with distractions
- Basic principles of following your body language
- Target training
- Working away
- Basic contacts
- …and other important skills.
The classes are very small and as all classes at Sherborne Vale, positive reward based following modern teaching and learning methods for the dog AND the handler.
Please call or email to be put onto our waiting list or for any other information.