When and Where
When we are able to start up classes after lockdown they will be held at Milborne Port Village Hall.
Bronze: Tuesdays 7.45 – 8.30pm
Silver/Gold: Tuesdays 8.45 – 9.30pm
Additional classes are planned for Thursdays in the near future.
All classes are £4.00 for adults, £2.00 for juniors (16 and under). You will be invoiced for the classes you have attended at the end of each 6 week cycle.
To attend these classes you must either be member or a guest. If you are not currently a member and would like to try one of our classes as a guest, to see if it suits you and your dog, please Contact Us.
What to bring
- Your dog’s normal collar and harness (if used). Kennel Club rules do not allow use of headcollars but if you usually use one you can bring your dog with one and switch to collar in the hall. Don’t worry if you have a strong puller, we will help if you are having trouble, and the hall is secure;
- A standard lead (not an extendable);
- Plenty of small high value (e.g. soft and smelly such as sausage) treats;
- The normal essentials, e.g. poo bags etc.;
- A toy that is not likely to roll or be knocked into a neighbours space;
- A grooming brush (bronze);
- A mat (silver/gold, optional for bronze);
- Hi vis collars, jackets etc for practicing the road walk section (silver/gold only);
- Water for your dog if required;
- A face covering (essential unless you have a medical exemption)
Existing members can book here from Friday at 6pm. To give all members equal opportunity to get the limited places only bookings made using this form after this time will be accepted.
The Kennel Club Good Citizen Dog Scheme Silver Award
By now you will have gained a good understanding of basic obedience with your dog. If you then decide to progress further you can continue your training and move on to the Silver Good Citizen award.
Our trainers have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share with you, and a passion for helping owners raise happy, well rounded and obedient dogs.
Puppies 6 months and under can attend our Puppy Foundation Course. See the Puppy Classes page for details.
Please contact us with any questions you may have.
Good Citizen Tests
Every dog and owner are different and work at their own pace. This is why rather than have set courses we offer a week by week approach. Then, when you are ready we arrange for you to take your Good Citizen Award.
These tests are held regularly (generally 4 times a year) using an external Kennel Club Examiner. Don’t be daunted though, these tests are informal and friendly and we won’t put you forward for a test until you and we agree that you are ready.