When and Where
Classes are held on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Wednesday classes are at Mudford Village Hall and Thursday classes are at Milborne Port Village Hall.
Class times are as below
|Time||Mudford (Wednesdays)||Milborne Port (Thursdays)|
|6.30 – 7.15pm||Puppy Foundation||Temporary Good Citizen ‘overflow’ class|
|7.30 – 8.15pm||Bronze Good Citizen||Puppy Foundation|
|8.30 – 9.30pm||Silver/Gold Good Citizen||Rally (from July 2021)|
All classes are £5.00 for adults, £2.50 for juniors (16 and under). You will be invoiced for the classes you have attended at the end of each 6 week cycle.
To attend these classes you must either be member or a guest. Membership is £10.00 per year and will enable you attend other classes (e.g. Agility or Hoopers) and our occasional social events. Dogs entering at Bronze level are welcome to book a guest place to try one of our classes before signing up as a member.
What to bring
- Your dog’s normal collar and harness (if used). Kennel Club rules do not allow use of headcollars but if you usually use one you can bring your dog with one and switch to collar in the hall. Don’t worry if you have a strong puller, we will help if you are having trouble, and the hall is secure;
- A standard lead (not an extendable);
- Plenty of small high value (e.g. soft and smelly such as sausage) treats;
- The normal essentials, e.g. poo bags etc.;
- A toy that is not likely to roll or be knocked into a neighbours space;
- A grooming brush (bronze);
- A mat (silver/gold, optional for bronze/puppy);
- Hi vis collars, jackets etc for practicing the road walk section (silver/gold only);
- Water for your dog if required;
- A face covering (essential unless you have a medical exemption)
Please see our Class Bookings page.
Our trainers have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share with you, and a passion for helping owners raise happy, well rounded and obedient dogs.
Puppies 9 months and under can attend our Puppy Foundation Course. See the Puppy Classes page for details. Older dogs and puppies who have previously graduated from a puppy training class will usually start at Bronze Good Citizen level.
Please contact us with any questions you may have.
The Kennel Club Good Citizen Dog Scheme Silver Award
By now you will have gained a good understanding of basic obedience with your dog. If you then decide to progress further you can continue your training and move on to the Silver Good Citizen award.
Good Citizen Tests
Every dog and owner are different and work at their own pace. This is why rather than have set courses we offer a week by week approach. Then, when you are ready we arrange for you to take your Good Citizen Award.
These tests are held regularly (generally 4 times a year) using an external Kennel Club Examiner. Don’t be daunted though, these tests are informal and friendly and we won’t put you forward for a test until you and we agree that you are ready.